Friday, December 29, 2023

2023 fiction

Here are the fiction books I read in 2023. Back soon to give commentary on my favorites and/or least favorites. 

1.    The Boys from Biloxi by John Grisham

2.    The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman 

3.    The Year of Jubilee by Cindy Morgan

4.    American Dirt by Jeannie Cummins

5.    Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt. 

6.    Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin

7.    When Ghosts Come Home by Wiley Cash

8.    The Cartographers by Peng Shepherd

9.    The Dog Stars by Peter Heller 

10.    Go as a River by Shelley Read

11.    The Violin Conspiracy by Brendan Slocumb

12.    Water from My Heart by Charles Martin

13.    Never by Ken Follett

14.    Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus

15.    Tom Lake by Ann Patchett


3 comments:

Becki said...

Bob, I've probably had my head in the sand for too long now, but I haven't heard of any of these books. I will say, reading a description of Never by Ken Follett has certainly piqued my interest. Otherwise, you've done a good job of inspiring me to dust off some of the books on my shelf I haven't read yet and find out what jewels I may already own. :) I enjoyed checking out the descriptions of several books on your list.

Bob said...

Thanks, Becki! As I said, I'll come back here soon and tell you the ones that were my favorites. The Follett book is riveting (800 pages!) but be forewarned, it's also disturbing! But he's a brilliant writer (e.g. Pillars of the Earth, the Century Trilogy) and this one does not disappoint.

Kelly said...

I've read several of these (2, 4, 5, 9, 14) and have others tagged at the library (6, 8, 11). We are reading Tom Lake for book club, so I'll be reading it very soon.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on these!