Monday, January 3, 2022

HNY

Happy New Year! 

I hope to have more to post about than the weather as the year progresses, but here is what I have experienced the past three weeks:


-- Going to the basement twice to take cover from storms. 

-- Temperatures in the mid-70s Christmas Day. 

-- Record high temperatures New Year's Day (day before yesterday). 

-- Spending a major part of our holiday celebrations outside. 

-- Wearing shorts every day since mid-December until yesterday. 

-- This morning, waking to this: 





6 comments:

Ed said...

This global warming is going to take some time to get used too. I wish I didn't have to get used to it.

Kelly said...

Hahaha! I can relate, Bob. Mid-70s all day Saturday, then below freezing (with a wintry mix falling) on Sunday morning. Crazy! (hey, I enjoy talking about weather...)

Debby said...

It's been relatively mild here, with light snowfall that doesn't seem to last long. You've got more snow there than we do here. The whole heading for the basement would be nervewracking though.

Happy New Year. January will be another milestone month for your family.

Becki said...

Until this week, we've had an unseasonably warm beginning to winter here in Indiana. Now we're in single digits, with the promise of balmy 40's two days from now. Every warm winter day gets me closer to spring, and further from the likelihood of waking to icy roads. And that makes me happy.

Haddock said...

Wearing shorts in winter was not the done thing a few years ago.

Jeff said...

Ain't 2022 off to a good start. I was in the ocean on New Years Day, then the bottom fell out of the thermometer (even on the coast) and the winds were howling with gusts to 50! And today, back in the mountains, the high was 19 with wind blowing 10-15 mph. Stay warm, and let's hope 2022 will be better. But as a Twitter friend wrote on New Years Eve, "My expectation for 2022 is so low that as long as there is no zombie apocalypse, it'll be okay.