Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Family vacay 2021

We just returned from one of my favorite places in the world -- the mountains of Colorado. 

For the second time in the life of our family, we rented a house in Breckenridge for a week. It was crazy and chaotic, and there were two Emergency Room visits (everyone is fine, thanks), but it was also glorious, beautiful and crazy fun. 

There were three more humans in the group than the last time we went, in 2018 (see previous reference to crazy and chaotic). Accordingly, we have learned to manage expectations, as well as to expect the unexpected. Getting all 12 from one place to another is not unlike herding cats. 

Wife and I flew to Denver a couple of days ahead of everyone arriving and visited two different longtime friends. The calm before the storm, if you will. 

There were flight delays and rental car mishaps, but eventually we were all together in the aforementioned beautiful setting. I'll post more about the trip in the next few days. For now, I'll share a pic from one of the days we successfully herded the cats into one place -- this time for a family hike.  



3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

How I envy you - my late husband (my farmer as I usually call him on my posts)and I visited this area many times over the years - loved every minute of it. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Ed said...

I think our peak for family reunion/get togethers was 13. I always enjoyed the chaotic-ness of it all because it was a unique chaotic over normal life. I bet it was a blast, emergency room visits and all. Great picture!

Kelly said...

Love the photo, Bob!! We officially added one to our family last week, but have another I'm never sure how to classify. I guess a little dysfunction is okay....

Looking forward to hearing more about the trip!