Monday, September 18, 2023

Back home



Coastline in Dubrovnik, Croatia


On August 31st, Wife and I boarded a plane in Nashville bound for Toronto. In Toronto we boarded a plane bound for Paris. And in Paris, we boarded a third plane, this one bound for Dubrovnik, Croatia.

In January of this year, Croatia was a country I had scarcely heard of. A few weeks later, Wife suggested we go there. We talked with another couple, with whom we traveled in England and France last year, and they were in. 

Wife and the lady from the couple met multiple times over the months and began to plan an itinerary. The four of us would spend about ten days in Croatia, after which we would travel together to Venice, at which point we would part company. Our friends would spend some time in Venice, where we visited in 2019, while Wife and I would spend a few days in Tuscany. 

We returned from this wonderful trip this past Saturday, September 16th. Fortunately, we made the return trip in only two legs -- Rome to Montreal, and Montreal to Nashville. That third leg on the trip over was a real killer. 

I will not bore you with a play-by-play but will post more pictures soon with a few more details. 

For now, suffice it to say it was a great trip. I'm still a bit jet-lagged but overall, no worse for the wear. 

More to come. 


8 comments:

Ed said...

For some reason, I have never thought about catching a connection in Canada. I always seem to get routed to one of the big U.S. airports before catching the oversea flight. Food for thought on my next trip.

The Weaver of Grass said...

It always takes a few days to (literally) come down to earth again. Lovely part of the world.

Bob said...

Ed: my wife started looking at flights once our decision to go was made, and flying Air Canada was the most economical. Thus, the connections through Canadian cities. I would not rate them high on customer service. We were delayed 2.5 hours in Montreal and they never told us what was going on, they just kept extending our departure time by 30 minutes. Also I am pretty sure the seats were narrower.

Kelly said...

I'm glad you had a great time and I look forward to hearing (and seeing) more!

Debby said...

How wonderful~ I can't wait to see pictures.

Andrew said...

Awesome!

Becki said...

Wonderful that you and your wife are enjoying so much traveling. Was it really last year you were in England and France? Looking forward to pictures. And any amount of sharing you want to do.

Jeff said...

I look forward to hearing more about your trip! Welcome back home.