Sunday, November 7, 2021

Western vacation photos

 I'm the worst when it comes to posting photos. Should I ever retire, one the first things I should do is take a computer class where I can learn a few things about how to navigate such things as the cloud. For now, I plod along. 

But I promised a few photos from our vacation to the west, so here they are. Again, if you have never visited these areas, I highly recommend this trip. 


                                                             Sunset at the Grand Canyon

                                                                        Sedona, AZ

                                                               Slot canyons near Page, AZ

                                                       Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah

                                                                Zion National Park, Utah
                                             
                                                                 Zion National Park  


Enjoying refreshments at our hotel outside Zion

11 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Took me back - have spent many happy holidays i this area.

Jeff said...

It's a beautiful area. I spent a decade in Cedar City, Utah and was able to explore all those sites. Glad you got a chance to make this trip.

Kelly said...

Great photos, Bob! You certainly saw some gorgeous scenery.

Should you ever retire?? You mean it not when you retire?

Kelly said...

dang autocorrect. (or to be honest, just lack of proper proofing on my part)

That should have said "You mean it's not when you retire?) Minor, but it bugged me to see it.

Bob said...

Right now I have no desire to retire. Folks, including my wife, tell me I’ll know when it’s time. I don’t know it yet.

EM Griffith said...

We are, in fact, soon to retire and move very near all those gorgeous places, though technically closer to Petrified Forest National Park and Painted Desert National Park. We have a lot of family in Phoenix and love Northern AZ and Utah. If you ever get back there, it's worth a trip to Window Rock in Navajo Nation to see the National Navajo Museum. Wonderful pictures, by the way! Thank you for sharing them. --Elise

Ed said...

Some of my favorite places on this planet... at least that I have visited personally.

Ratana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debby said...

I've always wanted to explore the west. The scenery is spectacular!

Andrew said...

Nice! I haven't done the slot canyons yet... on the list!

Terra said...

Those are gorgeous photos, I love the slot canyon photo especially. I live in the west in California and have visited some of these spots.