Sunday, December 20, 2020

Merry Christmas

Earlier this year I vowed I would move my blog from blogger to another platform. 

I voiced some of my frustrations here and blog friend Ed was kind enough to give me a couple of pointers, which helped me out. 

Ed, if you’re reading, I might need you to make a trip to Tennessee for some in-person tutoring, or maybe set up a Zoom call. I won’t go into my various woes and complaints, or why I’m making this post from my phone instead of my PC, but things are not great with Blogger and me.

*************

We are hoping to celebrate Christmas with our family (children and grandchildren) this weekend, and we’re being extra careful so everyone will feel safe. Oh my goodness I hope this vaccine will be distributed quickly and we can resume the life we once knew without having to assess the risk of everywhere we go and everyone we see.

With Christmas being on a Friday, we will move everything back a couple of days. Our Christmas Eve will be Saturday the 26th and Christmas Day Sunday the 27th. With two having families of their own and Younger Son now having a Significant Other, that’s what worked best for everyone. Our Christmas Eve theme this year will be Australia and the preparations have given Wife something to focus on, which is good. 

But the grief of losing both of her parents in two weeks’ time is very much with her, as it will continue to be for some time. She’s learning, just as I did, how very personal it is. I can be here for her, listen to her and give her hugs, but it’s her journey. Fortunately, she’s strong and has a strong faith. 

I’ll be back soon with my year-end reading list. In the meantime, stay safe. Wear your mask when you go out. Wash your hands and keep your distance. 

Most important — Merry Christmas to all.

8 comments:

Jeff said...

Merry Christmas, Bob. I'm glad you can all be together after all your family has endured this year. I look forward to your reading list.

Ed said...

Absolutely Bob. Shoot me an email and we can set up a time though I don't claim to be a blogger expert. I have been using it for nearly 20 years though so perhaps that is close. The newest version still frustrates me at times with their formatting.

We are on the fence about Christmas. My father is technically considered to be part of our bubble and has been over many times to our house this year for dinners and such. But recently a friend of his whom he went hiking with in Arkansas came down with the Covid and my dad has a day or two left to go before he can be ruled out as having not caught it. Plus my wife's ability to get the vaccine may come about this week. I told her that was more important than traveling down to our cabin for Christmas so we are still waiting on news of that. If she gets the vaccine, at least we now have one safe individual in our family and that takes a load off my mind.

Kelly said...

I'm glad you'll be able to enjoy the holidays with your family, Bob. Y'all deserve that.

We're supposed to meet our younger daughter's family at a park this week, but I'm hoping rain (or cold) doesn't interfere. We may have to find another time. Our older daughter's family is just on hold for the time being. I can't in good conscience have them here since, if I truly follow the guidelines,I would need to serve (as opposed to self-serve) the meal to be eaten outside and expect everyone to mask up inside. I just don't see anyone being willing to do that. And since our son and his SO are in the far north, we weren't planning to see them anyway.

Nice to know you're still "traveling" for the holiday and I look forward to hearing about Australia!

p.s. Thanks to a blogging friend, I solved my WP problems. However, I'm afraid that isn't enough to keep me inspired.

JayCee said...

Merry Christmas Bob.

Debby said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours. It has been a tough time. Time with the brand's will undoubtedly ease your hearts.

Debby said...

Grands. My gosh, I do hate auto correct.

John Going Gently said...

Merry Christmas , be covid safe, be happy x

Tasker Dunham said...

Visiting your blog for the first time. I went through a phase of thinking WordPress might be a better platform. I am glad I didn't move because many users have had an awful time learning to use their new editor. What I did do, though, is create a WordPress mirror site with summaries and links to posts on Blogger.
Sorry to read about the awful experience you and your wife have had with her parents' covid.