Thursday, July 30, 2020

Question

I have been working on a new post, but before I put it up, I want to ask any of my blog friends who use the blogger platform if they have been having any problems with the new format? It is driving me bonkers. I exercised the option of reverting to the "legacy" platform, but it's not much better. Case in point: I write my piece and when I go to post it, THERE ARE NO PARAGRAPHS! All the sentences run together, just as these are doing. (This next sentence is the start of a new paragraph, by the way). I've talked to users of WordPress and I'm probably on my way to moving over when I can figure out how without losing everything, but before I do, I wanted to see if anyone is experiencing the same frustration? Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Ed said...

I haven't had any of the problems you describe but I gave up on modifying the templates many many years ago. Now I just use the default template.

Ed said...

I will say that I've had one problem. When posting several pictures in a post, blogger uploads them in alpha-numeric order by filename, which isn't always the order I want them in. In old blogger, I could just select HTML mode and cut and paste the code in the correct order. In new blogger, the HTML code in HTML mode is just a jumble and I can't decipher it to do that. But I found I can use normal copy and paste commands on the picture themselves when in edit mode.

Ed said...

After thinking about it, a suggestion. Edit your post, highlight everything and click on the Tx button. I think this removes all formatting so you should be able to go in and add spacing. I have done that before when I copied and pasted something from another source outside of blogger.

Bob said...

Thanks Ed and I know this is a dumb idea that is very telling as to why I have these problems in the first place ... but what is the Tx button????😬

Ed said...

Well I just checked and they changed it slightly in this last go around. Previously it was a button in your blog editor that you could click on. It is still there but it looks like a capital T with a slash through it. It should be on the far right side of the Post editing screen toolbar and if you hover your mouse over it, it will say "clear formatting".