Saturday, June 25, 2016

Recent columns

When I renewed my commitment to this blog a while back, I said I would begin to post links to the weekly column I write for a local publication.

I have done that from time to time, but since at times I write about local matters, I realize many of you reading this blog would find that of little or no interest. Accordingly, I have only posted links to the column a few times, and only when I thought it would be something of interest to a general audience.

Today I am posting the last two, which pertain to my interest in reading. The first gives details of my top five favorite books, while the second is a review of a recent read. I hope you enjoy.

Oct. 13

Oct. 20


2 comments:

Kelly said...

I enjoyed both of these columns and look forward to reading more "book reviews" by you this way!

I've only read To Kill a Mockingbird from your list, but you have me quite intrigued by most of the others. At the least, they'll go on my wish list at Amazon, if not to my TBR pile. In fact, the non-fiction may already be on my list.

As for the book review - it's definitely going on my list. I've had some real epiphanies in recent years/months and they've caused me to have a very different outlook on medicine and life in general.

Ed said...

I probably should have but have never read To Kill a Mockingbird. I guess because it wasn't a book we read in high school and once I got onto my non-fiction phase I just haven't. I have however read A River Runs Through It and Being Mortal and loved both immensely. The latter one I actually say the televised version on my PBS station and then bought the book for my wife as a present and read it later. I really learned a lot from that book.