Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's almost here

Well we are down to a little less than 72 hours until the wedding. Can't believe eight months have passed and the day is almost here.

The festivities begin tomorrow night. Older Son and FDIL have bought a block of tickets to the Nashville Sounds (our minor league baseball team) game for those who are in town. I was an early "yes" on this since Older Son is sponsoring the event! Should be a hoot.

He'll be playing golf with his groomsmen on Friday. I am not a golfer so I'll sit that one out. For the ladies Friday, there will be the bridesmaids' luncheon.

Wife and I are hosting the Rehearsal Dinner Friday night at Nashville's Union Station Hotel. Wife has worked very hard to make it a very special event and I am sure it will be.

I have invited Older Son's groomsmen to an early lunch on Saturday. Then the big event takes place at 6 p.m.

Sunday morning Wife and I are having a brunch at our house so we can, hopefully, visit a bit with friends and family who we will quite likely feel we have not given adequate attention. A good friend of Wife's is catering the event and, as Wife says, all we will have to do is unlock the door.

*********************************

Wife and I had our fifth dance lesson this afternoon and we feel adequately prepared to not embarrass ourselves. The lessons have really been fun but the dance studio folks are wearing us out. Every lesson is about half dancing and half sales pitch for future lessons. They mean well and I realize it's a business, but I didn't sign up for this to enlarge my social circles; Wife and I just wanted to learn a little "movement" if you will.

I feel bad about it but we scheduled another lesson for next week, which we fully intend to cancel. We have no intention of returning. But there was just no way to get out of there (without making a scene, which Wife and I both always try to avoid) unless we signed on for another lesson.

********************************************

There has been a fair amount of stress this week with all of the details that had to be attended to, but things have gone smoothly and Wife and I have balanced each other out. When she's been stressed, I've been calm, and vice-versa. This is a joyous time and we are thankful.

I should be posting a full report and, hopefully, photos in a few days.

4 comments:

Steve H. said...

Wow Bob, Congrats and God bless your family during this memorable time. Wish I could catch the baseball game with you...

Hal Johnson said...

Eight months. Sheesh, I can't believe that, and I've only read about it!

Pam said...

Congratulations on the impending nuptuils!! Like, Hal, I can't believe it's been 8 months since you first told us about it.

Take lots of photos and share with us the happy event!!! :)

Kelly said...

Amazing to think it's finally here. I hope everything goes well and y'all have a wonderful weekend!

We expect a full report sometime next week.