Thursday, February 10, 2011

Misc.

We've had another big round of snow here but, according to meteorologists far and wide, we are about to have the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.

Tomorrow it's supposed to get above freezing, then into the 40s and 50s this weekend. Sunny next week and we'll hit 60. I will welcome it.

*******************************************************

Daughter is coming home tomorrow night. She has faithfully worn her retainer for about six years, ever since she got her braces off. Bless her heart, she is just very conscientious about it. When she left her orthodontist's office for that final time and he said, "Wear your retainer," well, she took him seriously. She's always been a rule follower.

A couple of weeks ago, however, it apparently came out of her mouth in her sleep. She stepped out of bed and stepped on it the next morning, and broke it. She called Wife, quite upset, and Wife called the orthodontist who said she's probably OK, that she should just come in and get impressions for a new one next time she's home.

Well, she just feels her teeth beginning to space apart, so she managed to get a day off her student teaching Monday so she can get the new retainer. It will be good to have her here for a few days.

*************************************************
Speaking of Daughter, she is writing a blog now, mostly about her teaching experiences. I'm prejudiced, of course, but "Delighfully Living," listed over on my blog list, is delightful. I highly recommend it: http://mckinme.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Maggie said...

It is very serious...my teeth are bridging a large gap. Even if you don't agree with me when I get home tonight, just be dramatic with me so you'll make me feel better. They've shifted...I promise. You would never cross me with something like my health. I've never pulled the sick card before..........

can't wait to be home! :)

Kelly said...

She's right...they really can shift more quickly than you'd think.

Good for you, Maggie, for being concientious and not wasting that money your folks spent on your teeth!!