Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Done

Blog friend Debby said recently something to the effect that we all need to stay up New Year's Eve to make sure 2020 leaves and 2021 arrives.

Amen to that.

Don't know how to say it other than it's been a helluva year and we still have almost three months to go.

I thought I'd seen it all until I watched the presidential debate, which was an embarrassment and a disgrace, for starters. I'll stop there, even though other adjectives could be used.

But no, I had not seen it all, because over the weekend I, along with countless other Americans, witnessed our president tweeting and sending videos from the hospital where he was being treated for COVID-19, topping it off with a joy ride outside the hospital, waving to his supporters.

The grand finale occurred when he returned to the White House Monday evening. In his well orchestrated descent from the helicopter and ascent up the stairs to the entrance to the residential quarters, he defiantly removed his mask before walking in.

He reminded us in one the videos that he has "been to school."

"Don't be afraid of COVID," he told us.

I'm done. So completely done. I'm committed to not getting overly political on this blog, but let me say it again, for emphasis: I'm done.

But in this crazy, weird year, blessings still abound.

One has come to Wife and me in the person of our fourth grandchild, and second granddaughter.

Ruth Kay "Ruthie" McKinney was born in Atlanta September 23rd, arriving about two and a half weeks early, but perfect in every way.

We were not at the hospital for her birth as we have been for the other grands. We happened to be vacationing when she was born, and managed to swing by and meet her on our way home. She's a sweetheart.

And she came just at the right time.

 

 

 

5 comments:

Ed said...

I'm with you on being done with politics. I'm hoping that by the time Covid leaves, perhaps this will all just be a bad memory. One thing about it, for the rest of my life, I will always be able to instantly link this presidency to this year where as some of the previous presidents I have to think about and count back from known presidency years to figure their terms in office.

Congrats on the new family addition!

Kelly said...

So glad you got to meet Ruthie on your way home from your vacation! Two girls and two boys. We're tied. 🙂

Debby said...

Ruth! Oh I am happy for your family. What a great blessing, and in days like these, we hold those blessings even closer. In recounting names, I realize that I've forgotten the name of the other little girl...refresh my mind!

sage said...

Yep, it’s a crazy year and I’m done with politics, too. Congratulations on your new grandchild.

I’m now blogging at www.fromarockyhillside.com

Bob said...

Thanks, Jeff! I’ll update my blog list and look
forward to hearing about your new journeys!