Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays

I have previously written about how we do an "international" Christmas Eve at our house. I think this is our fourth time to do it. We've done Mexican, Italian and Greek. This year it's Asian.

According to Wife, we are doing something unprecedented -- getting all takeout!  I guess, since Chinese restaurants are famous for staying open through Christmas, it's just the natural thing to do.

We are, from Wife, promised a few surprises for the decor so I'll report back on that. Should be a hoot.

Menu items include sushi, orange chicken, egg rolls, fried rice and edameme.  That's what I've been told. Would not be surprised to see egg drop or wan ton soup make it to the table as well.  And I'm sure there will be fortune cookies.

For "entertainment," Daughter has found a Chinese version of "Jingle Bells!"

************************************************

We are in full holiday mode.

Some dear friends of mine were here for a concert Wed. night. They came by and we went to lunch yesterday (Thurs.).  That really kicked off the holiday for me.

Older son flew to Little Rock from Dallas Thursday afternoon. Wife's parents picked him up at the airport and they drove over here.  So, so good to see him and so glad he's here. DIL flew in yesterday. We will have everyone, including DIL's parents, for Christmas Day lunch.

We are big game players and we've already had a few rounds of Phase Ten, and Wife and I played Bridge with her folks last night. 

How incredibly blessed I am to have these people I love around me at Christmas. May I never take it for granted.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

















2 comments:

quid said...

This is a great tradition! I love it.


Have a joyous holiday, Bob... and your family as well!

quid

Kelly said...

What a great holiday, Bob! I look forward to hearing how the Chinese dinner went last night (I love orange chicken). Nice to know others enjoy games, too. We played several at our celebration yesterday and had a grand time. We had the whole gang here, including their spouses/significant others. A good thing for me since today is the first Christmas Day I've ever not had at least one child come over at some point during the day.

What did you think of The Hunger Games? It's very near the top of my reading list for January.