Friday, December 25, 2009

Notes from Christmas Day

Christmas night. It was a great, relaxing day. I did Christmas morning breakfast which we enjoyed about 10:45 -- we have to wake them up now! My how things have changed. We lingered at the table talking and laughing, then opened gifts.

We had about ten minutes of snow!

Lunch about 3:15. The young ones off to the Titans' game (which is proving to be sad) about 5. Wife and I in our PJs, watching the game but losing interest.

The menu for Christmas Eve ended up being Shrimp Scampi and Baked Ziti, both of which were wonderful. Also had a tortellini appetizer. Wife found a CD with Italian Christmas music. Great fun. Bread pudding for dessert. Mmmmmm!

Need to get to the Y early in the a.m. to start working off some of the excess I enjoyed these past couple of days. They're having a 90-minute cycling class, twice as long as the norm; think that could kill me but Daughter is challenging me to go. We'll see.

Hope everyone enjoys the long holiday weekend.

3 comments:

Pam said...

YUM!! The menu sounds great! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I'll just be glad when the boys don't start trying to get us up an hour after Santa leaves!!

It was a good day here ( SNOW!), but I'm beat! Time to call it a day...

Happy New Year to you and the family, Bob!!

Kelly said...

Sounds like y'all had a great Christmas Eve AND Christmas day.

I've always had to wake my kids on Christmas morning...even when they were little. My younger daughter put together a breakfast casserole for us after older daughter and family left Thursday night. Son spent the night with us, so we had a nice brunch together the next morning.

Enjoyed hearing from Ralph in the Christmas letter!

quid said...

MMMMMMMmmm...

Italian Christmas menu. Sounds like you had a wonderful, relaxing day, Titans aside.

Naturally, I'm pulling for the Saints this year, so my hapless Bucs had to beat them, thus messing up the draft choice and insuring we have the great RAH for a coach again next year. Sigh.

Happy holidays!

quid